Monday, September 1, 2008

Karen's Potato Salad

Today was a beautiful Labor Day in Paullina Iowa. We had a picnic at Paullina Lake and the kids swam and played on the beach. Karen made a really great potato salad so I thought I would share the recipe. I made Melanie's Berry Cobbler and instead of berries I used fresh peaches. I also added some cinnamon to the sugar and flour and then mixed the batter up like the recipe calls for. It was DELICIOUS!!!!


Ingredients:
2# potatoes (5-6 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4 inch chunks
1 cup Mayonaise
2 T. vinegar
1 1/2 t. salt
1 t. sugar
1/4 t. ground black pepper
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 hard cooked eggs, chopped

1. In 4 qt. suacepot, cover potatioes with water; bring to boil over medium high heat. reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until potatioes are tender. drain and cool slightly

2. In large bow, combine mayo, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper. add potatoes, celery, onion and eggs and toss gently. Serve chilled or at room temperature.

1 comment:

Cindy Blom said...

Paula - Have you posted Melanie's Berry Cobbler? I did not see it in the archives. Maybe you are hiding some of the recipes???