I made this soup on Saturday night. It was 7pm and I didn't know what to make. We had company so the pressure was on! I found this recipe on cooking light. com . It is quick and delicious...healthy too! We sat down to eat at 7:40!
Ingredients:
4 garlic cloves, minced
8 cups of fat free, low sodium chicken broth
1 to 2 cups of chopped, cooked chicken breast (I used the Perdue short cuts)
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp cumin
2 cans of diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
1 cup of frozen corn (or one can, drained)
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add broth and the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
Top with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese and a few baked tortilla chips, crushed.
I served this with a tossed salad and corn muffins.
Yum!
coleen
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment