Jeff is out of town this week so I thought I would try the veggie soup that Coleen posted. Garrett doesn't mind a meal with no meat so it was the perfect night.
I made the soup and it was very easy and quick. I used the 1 1/2 cup of orzo for the recipe. It thickened the soup and was yummy. If you have little ones, I would suggest the ABC pasta for fun! I think after the burner was turned off the soup really started to thicken. I will add the rest of the V8 Juice before I put in the refrigerator.
Coleen suggested Parmesan cheese to spice up the soup. We used that.... and... for you not faint of heart people....Louisiana Hot Sauce. We each added the amount we wanted. It was just the ticket. Also, the recipe called for Italian Seasoning. I searched through my spices twice before I found my TexJoy Italian Seasoning! Oh how I love TexJoy! Too bad I can't buy it here. I do have a good source for it though!
I also made grilled cheese sandwiches for us. And guess what? Jeff gets home tomorrow night at 7:30. Let's see if he stops for fast food or will eat the soup...
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment