I made the Tilapia that I posted last night. I used Cheetos in my recipe. I found that it was rather bland.l I think there needed to be more seasoned salt in it and some salt. Then it would have been zippier.
I made some cheese grits with it and they are bland also. I also roasted some aparagus in the oven with olive oil and kosher salt and pepper. That was pretty good.
Ok, the wine I drank was good.... Maybe that's why the food was bland??? Who knows.
Oh yes, last night we grilled chicken and then I made Meredith's Apple Pie which is becoming a fixture of an easy dessert fix around here. Garrett loves apple pie and this makes it so much easier. My next purchase when I get to the mall (that would be when we have gasoline and I can make a random trip) I am buying and apple corer, pealer, slicer. I think they have them at William Sonoma. I will be so sad if they don't.
Oh yes, there is this new company that sells purses. Ok, it has nothing to do with food But I thought you would like to know as it looks like my readers BIG time. It's called: www.initials-inc.com. My cousing Jody had a party Thursday and the purses look soooo cute. I wish I could get one. Hilary they are so you!
Check it out.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ok, i know what it was missing: Tony's Seasoned Salt. But I am all out.. Hilary when you are back in the swing of things can you send me some. I can't get it here.
Post a Comment