Always good when you need a little comfort food and remember your childhood! Valerie!
Ingredients:
8oz. elbow macaroni-cooked
2T. butter
2T. flour
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 t. paprika
1 3/4 - 2c. milk
1 1/2 cup cheese cubed
Mix macaroni and butter, while noodles are warm. add powdered ingredients to noodles. Mix well with cheese. Pour in milk.
Cook 35-45 minutes.
Now how I do it. I usually buy a sharp cheddar cheese and I use whatever milk we are drinking a the time. Skim, 2 % or 1% it doesn't matter. I don't measure my milk. I will even make this ahead and put the casserole in the frig. without the milk and then when I am ready to bake I add the milk. The way I measure the milk by pouring it from the carton by watching it in the casserole until it rises through the macaroni and I can see it come to the top without covering the top of the macaroni.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yummmm....can you make me this sometime? :-) I love mac & cheese!
I'm going to try this recipe soon!
Post a Comment