Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pasta with Spinach and Feta Sausage and Eggplant

To be honest, I got this recipe from the package of the sausage that I bought at Costco so I hope you all have a Costco near by! The sausage is Hans' All Natural Chicken Sausage that is filled with Spinach and feta cheese. The chicken is raised without antibiotics, no nitrates or MSG added. It's great for grilling and the recipe that I am going to share! Enjoy!

1 Large Eggplant, cut into 1" pieces
1 Tbsp. Salt
7 Tbsp. Olive Oil
6 links Hans' Spinach and Feta Sausage, sliced
1 lb. cherry tomatoes
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
2/3 cup whipping cream
1 lb. penne pasta, cooked and drained
1/2 cup basil, chopped
1 cup parmesan, grated

Toss eggplant with salt, set in large colander, let stand 30 minutes (this will draw the water out). Heat 3 Tbsp. Olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add eggplant and saute until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and set aside. Warm sausages in 2 Tbsp. Olive oil until browned, set aside. Heat remaining oil in skillet and add tomatoes and garlic, cook for about 2 minutes. Add sausage, broth and cream, simmer about 5 minutes. Add eggplant and cook 1 additional minute. Toss pasta with sausage and basil, add cheese and serve!!

Serves 6

No comments: