Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Friend Linda's Artichoke Chicken

I used to make this all the time but haven't lately until last night. It was great! This recipe came from a cooking demonstration that my friend and co-worker Linda did. She is a fabulous cook!

1 cup bread crumbs
salt and pepper
4 chicken breasts (or 10 - 12 tenderloins)
3 T olive oil
1 can chicken broth
1 can artichoke hearts, quartered*
1 large can sliced mushrooms*
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese*

MIx bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a plastic bag. Add chicken and shake to coat with crumbs.

Heat olive oil in pan. Saute chicken until brown, turning at least twice in 10 -12 minutes. Remove chicken and place in casserole dish.

Remove pan from heat. Pour broth and juice from the mushrooms into the pan to de-glaze. Stir with wooden spoon until browned bits come loose from the bottom of the pan.

Add mushrooms and artichokes to chicken in dish. Pour in broth from pan - it will turn into a thicker sauce while backing. Bake a 350 for 45 - 50 minutes uncovered. About 5 minutes before removing from oven, sprinkle with parmesan.

*I always double the artichokes and mushrooms and skip the cheese. This goes great with pasta or rice. I always serve it with Uncle Ben's Long Grain & Wild Rice Fast Cook Recipe. Yummy!

1 comment:

Paula Aspacher said...

This sounds really good. I am getting great recipes for the week.