Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Grown Up Macaroni and Cheese

Tonight I made a great "New" macaroni and cheese. I am not posting the recipe tonight unless I hear from someone who might like it.

The worst part of this recipe is the cost of the cheese. It calls for Gruyere cheese which is expensive in the grocery store. I ended up buying it at Costco so I got about a # for $11-$12. The casserole was so good that it was worth the money.. When you think about how much meat costs, I think it was reasonable.

I used a recipe that I found on the Food Network from Ina Garten. I had to change it up some to make "my own" but it was YUMMY! This is the second time I made it and it was the charm. I made a lovely salad from a bag and there was the meal!!!

Well, if you want the recipe, let me hear from you!! Mmmm, mmm, good!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I would love to have it. David loves mac n cheese!!! Grown up or not.....