I have made this chili for years. It is so good and has even won a chili bake off contest in Iowa! Thanks Karen!
This is a real change from the original chili! It freezes well for future meals.
Ingredients:
2 1/2# ground pork -- I use 2#
2 - 28 oz. cans tomatoes -
4 - 4 1/2 oz. cans diced green chili's
6-8 fresh jalapenos - chopped - this is a challenge. I clean under running water as the spice makes me cough and sneeze. Take out the membranes and the seeds. I chop with a chopper and do it quickly.
1 - medium onion chopped
2-3 cloves garlic - chopped fine
3 cups water combined with tomato liquid- you can add more water if you need
1 1/2 t. ground cumin
1 t. oregano
1/2 cup four
salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown pork in large pot with the onions until thoroughly cooked.
2. Drain most of the grease.
3. Add flour and brown with the meat.
4. Add 2 cups of the water and simmer 1/2 hour.
5. Combine the meat with the remaining ingredients in the same pot.
6. Cook 1 1/2 - 2 hours over low heat.
I serve with sour cream and flour tortillas.
Maybe refrigerated for a week or frozen up to 3 months.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment