I hope you are all having a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families and friends. We are having some old friends(The Bloms), meaning we have known for many years- not old in age :),over to spend the day and to share a meal. We are both sharing the cooking. I bought a fried turkey that I have to heat.
I did some baking yesterday. I made the Cream Cheese Banana Bread (I added mini-Choc. chips) and the Pumpkin Streusel Cake. They are both yummy. The only thing I regret doing is when I make the cake I did not use pumpkin pie spice as I don't have any and really don't care for nutmeg, so I don't use. I really don't even know if nutmeg is in the spice but I just have never purchased it. I suggest using the spice as it would add a little more variety of flavors. Both are very moist and yummy though. Thanks, Meredith for the input. Also, thanks Adrienne for Hilary's Taco Soup recipe. I want to make that soon. I am thinking of making the shrimp bisque for Christmas Dinner... wouldn't it be good before a delicious prime rib with mashed potatoes and gravy?
Oh, by the way does anyone have a good recipe for gingerbread cookies? I am thinking of trying and the only ones I have made in the past have turned out a little tough, if that is a correct word.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment