Saturday, October 25, 2008

WARNING: THIS BUCKET IS EMPTY AND RINSED OUT BEFORE USING!!

This is the infamous Blue Bunny Bucket that I posted about on Facebook. I received one in the mail with a sweet little note, OK it wasn't that sweet, about the 10 uses for the bucket. You have to actually spend a week in NW Iowa to actually get the humor of this and see all the uses that it can actually have. These buckets are used everywhere and are NEVER thrown away. I think they are kept on shelves in their deep dark basements which you are never allowed to enter for fear a bucket may hit you on the head, or some other hidden Iowan Treasure like card board trays from berry picking that are great carriers for hot foods to a picnic or potluck.

Top 10 Suggested Uses for Your Very Own Blue Bunny Bucket!

1. Deliver garden surplus (esp. tomatoes to your non-Gardener friends-don't return the bucket as they have plenty)

2. Catching bats in your living room. The lid is a must for this activity.

3. Puke bucket by the bed.

4. Deliver mass quantities of potato salad to the church for a funeral lunch.

5. Sand bucket at the beach

6. Mop bucket

7. Watering can

8. Helmet

9. As your counter scraps as you cook ( then throw the contents out in the field to the pigs!)

10. Remember the Anderson's with it!

This was a little joke sent to me b/c I made a comment that EVERYONE and EVERYWHERE we went people were using these buckets for another use rather than ice cream. Karen laughed and said I had no idea how many uses the people around there had for them. The bat #2 is an actual story and happened shortly after I left... Not at Karen's but at her in-laws. That little guy didn't know what hit him when Blue Bunny came a catchin'! Hope you enjoyed the humor in this. Also the Blue Bunny Ice Cream Factory is about 45 minutes away from the Anderson's in LeMars, Iowa!

Thanks Anderson's for my Very Own Special Blue Bunny Bucket! I have it on display for now-- that is until I need to use it!

No comments: