I have made this recipe for awhile as an old stand-by, but I saw Paula Deen make it, so I thought I would change it up a bit and do a little Paula Deen magic.
Your ingredients will vary depending on how many people you are serving and how much you want to have for leftovers.
This was very good. It just seemed to lack salt but I have a problem thinking food is bland and adding more salt so it may be ok. It's called I take medicine for anxiety and I think it has dulled my taste buds. A lot of food I eat tastes bland. Why do I not look like a toothpick????
Ingredients:
Cheap Steak that has been run through a tenderizer (remember you decide how much you want to serve)
Flour
Canola Oil
Seasoning for steak (I used Lawry's Season salt but would use Tony Chachere's Seasoning, not creole, if I had any)
1 can of Beef Bouillon by Campbells
1 pack of brown gravy mix- mixed with the water that it calls for
1 onion ( I used a sweet onions) sliced
Mushrooms if you like them (I had some left in Fridge from Crockpot Chicken)
A little white wine (ok, that was leftover too in fridge--so why not??)
1.Heat oil in fry pan.
2.Season the steak with the Seasoning and then dredge it in flour in a zip lock bag.
3.Place steak in heated oil one at a time and brown on both sides. This does not take very long.
4.Put the steak in your casserole dish.5.In fry pan, add the sliced onions and mushrooms and saute'. I put a little of the brown gravy in with it to keep it moist. Saute' until the onions begin to get a little clear.
6.Pour the onion mixture over the steak and then add the rest of the gravy and the can of beef bouillon soup.
7.Cover and bake about an hour and a half.
I serve over boiled potatoes. I kind of boil them like I was going to mash but I don't mash. Or you could serve over rice if you live in Southeast Texas.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment