Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mushroom Chicken in Sour Cream Sauce

Ingredients:
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/2 t. paprika
1/4 t. lemon pepper
1 t. garlic powder
6 skinless-boneless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz. sour cream (I used Lite)
1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
1/2# fresh sliced mushrooms

1. combine 1st 5 spices and rub onto each chicken breast and place chicken in slow cooker.

2. combine soup, sour cream and wine or broth. I used one whole bottle (approx. 1 cup)of chardonnay. Mix together and pour over the chicken in the slow cooker. Put the sliced mushroom over the sauce and chicken. I buy a 4 pack of these little wines and keep them in my pantry for cooking. I asked at the liquor store which of the little bottles was the best tasting. Use white wine unless a recipe tells you different. The alcohol content cooks out but left a great flavor.

3. cover and cook on high for 5 hours or on high for 1 hour and then on low for 5 to 7 hours.

I served this with Garlic Flavored Couscous and Butternut Squash.

The chicken is so tender it cuts with a fork! The gravy is tastie on the chicken and you will want to add more. AND it's not the wine makin' you do it!

Butternut Squash:

Cut up the squash in large chunks and scrape out the seeds and throw away seeds.

Put squash in 13x9 pan with 1" of water and cover with foil.

Put pan with squash in 400 degree oven for about 1 1/2 hours. check after one hour to see if it is fork tender like a baked potato.

Bake til tender and then take out of oven and scrape squash out of rind into a small casserole dish. Mash up with a fork and add a little butter, salt, pepper and some brown sugar to taste. Mix all together and you may have to reheat a little bit. It also can be frozen in little containers for another meal or two.

This is one of my favorite vegetables... Garrett loves it too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This recipe is yummy and easy!! My kids loved the aroma while it was cooking. My kids ate it and my husband raved about it. I'll definitly be making this again.