Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Is In Full Swing!!!

I don't know about all of you, but I have not been the best about cooking many meals lately. I can't say I am all that busy, but have not felt like venturing out and trying much that is new. I have made the Dreamy Spaghetti that Hilary posted and it was very good. I also made the Chicken Penne with Spinach and that was very good. We are having company this next week, so maybe I will be better and make some of the Guacamole and Salsa from the recipe's of Kate and Adrienne. Oh yes, I did make Adrienne's Poppy Seed Chicken and it was very yummy.

The previous posted recipe was gotten from The Tennessean. It sounds very good to me but I haven't actually made it yet.

For all of you who are very computer/phone savvy, you can pull the blog up on your phones and get the recipe while you are in the store. I learned that from my all grown up daughter. And no I don't have a phone that jazzy to be able to do that. I bet Adrienne does!

When I was growing up, June was the time for Home Made Strawberry Shortcake. My mom makes the Best Shortcake. Then as summer progressed in Michigan and my dad's tomatoes ripened in the field, the staple was Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Sandwiches. I would be finicky and only like certain parts of the sandwich at different parts of my life, but we didn't get a choice, so I may have had a LT sandwich and no bacon sometimes. Oh, yes and I use Miracle Whip on my BLT. It is so tastie!

I also loved sweet corn. Yum, there is nothing better than fresh Corn on the Cob. I loved to get Grilled Corn on the Cob at the Southeast Texas Fair. That was such a treat. Don't think I had ever had it until I attended the fair. I also had never had a corn dog until I went to the fair the first year I lived in Beaumont. Wow!!! They were so good.

Well, I should end this post and let you all get to taking care of your families or cooking awesome meals. Any new ideas. Let us all know.

1 comment:

adrienne said...

you are correct, i have a phone that does that. :)

also, i would like to openly admit that i had no idea what arugula was. thank you, internet, for inventing google.