this dish is amazing!!!!! We sprinkled the cilantro on top of the cooked salmon when we took it out of the oven. I like salmon, but sometimes the flavor is just a little too-too-something. This was SO GOOD. I loved it and so did Jeff. I made a salad and then had Edamame. It is very filling and was so healthy. I bought Ginger Preserves by Dundee. They were 6.99 a jar but I will make this again and it will be a great meal for company. They will think you are so "Gourmet"!
2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce, divided
4 (6oz) salmon pieces
2 tbsp of ginger marmalade (like Dundee) or ginger chutney (found in the Asian section of the grocery)
2 tsp of wasabi paste
cooking spray
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Spoon 1 tablespoon of soy sauce over fish and let it stand 5 minutes or so.
Combine the rest of the soy with ginger chutney, and wasabi paste. Stir.
Heat oven to 400.
Place fish in a pyrex baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add a bit of water to cover the bottom of the pan. Bake for 7 minutes.
Cover the fish with the glaze and bake for 7 more minutes.
I served this with Jasmine rice, asparagus and a small green salad with a ginger dressing...Yum!
Edamame would be another great side dish!
Enjoy!
c.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Salmon with Wasabi-Ginger Glaze (also good w/ Tuna Steaks or Chicken thighs)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment