Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sweet Potato Chips

This really isn't much of a recipe, but I made them last night and several people have asked about them (does that mean people actually read my blog? shocking!) so here it is. I can't take much credit though. It was my hubby Nathan's idea... he had them at my sister Meredith's house recently when her hubby Jason made them.

Sweet potatoes (peeled or scrubbed... we like the skin on)
Cooking spray (I use the olive oil kind)
Tony Cachere's seasoning (or whatever kind you like)

Spray cookie sheet generously with spray. Line cookie sheet with sweet potatoes. Spray sweet potatoes and sprinkle with seasoning. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, flip potatoes and bake 15 more minutes.

When I made them, they could have been crispier. Maybe too much spray? And I think these would be super yummy with cinnamon and brown sugar instead of Tony's. Someone else try it, and let me know how it turns out! :)

1 comment:

Allyson said...

okay...I made them last night...skin off...should have left it on...they weren't very crispy....what are we doing wrong?
I will say the smaller ones did get crispier...I did two pans so they were not touching and I cooked the second pan longer about 20 minutes on each side...they were a little crispier maybe that was the problem? We'll try again and next time I will use regular pam and use some brown sugar and cinnamon...I'll let you'll know!