Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Blue Cheese Burgers

3 # ground round
1/2 # seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/4 C. steak sauce (I used Jack Daniels ketchup with jalapeno's, yum)
3 extra large eggs
1 1/2 t. kosher salt
3/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
Blue cheese crumbles

Mix ground round with all the other ingredients. I add the amount of crumbles that I want. Just a taste. Mix using a fork so that you don't mash it all together. Lightly form patties and lightly press into shape.

Grill 4 minutes on one side and then turn and grill at least 3 minutes on the second side. Use your judgement as far as doneness. Let rest 5 minutes before eating.

I didn't buy buns as there was only 2 of us. You don't need a bun as these are soooo yummy. We just dipped in ketchup and mustard. I also only used 1# of ground round and modified all other indredients as I was not making for a crowd. I guess you could freeze patties and then thaw and use as you wish. I really am not a home hamburger eater but I LOVE this recipe. They are light and tasty!!

I was thinking to healthy this up, use ground turkey, egg white or if you can't have that, no egg at all. You can skip the cheese too. The burger is good without it. Recipe that I tweaked just had you slice a wedge of blue cheese and lay it on top of the finished burger. The buns were also to be buttered and grilled for a couple of seconds. I forgo the bun... Aren't I a dieter? Ha!

No comments: