Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Individual Chocolate Souffle' Cakes

Ingredients:

Cooking Spray
4 1/2 T. granulated sugar, divided
1 T. all purpose flour
1 1/2 T. cocoa
2 T. fat free milk
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1 large egg white
1t. powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Coat 2 (6 oz.) ramekins with 3/4 t. granulated sugar
3. Combine 2 T. granulated sugar, cocoa, flour, cocoa, and milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook 2 minutes, stirring until smooth. Spoon chocolate mixture into a medium bowl; cool 4 minutes and then stir in vanilla.
4. Place egg white in medium bowl; beat with a mixer until soft peaks until soft peaks form. Add remaining 2 T. of sugar, 1 t. of a time, beating until stiff peaks form, do not over beat. Gently fold in 1/4 egg white mixture to chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared dishes. Sharply tap chocolate mixture 2 -3 times to level. Place cups on cookie sheet; bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until puffy and set. Sprinkle each souffle' with 1/2 t. of powdered sugar.

Ok, now you are guessing why do this much work?? Each souffle' is only 79 calories!!!! I couldn't find ramekins in 6 oz. sizes so mine were bigger. I just made 1 1/2 of a recipe I think. I felt great eating it as it was so few calories and was so LIGHT AND TASTY!!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

:-) I definitely need those low calorie desserts in my house. David is getting to be just like his daddy - sweets....mmmmmmm...