Monday, April 28, 2008

Dreamy Spaghetti

Mere sent me this. I made it last weekend, yummy and very kid-friendly. :)

12 oz. angel hair spaghetti
1 pound ground beef
1 small-med onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
salt & pepper, to taste
26 oz. spag. sauce
8 oz. sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
12 oz. cottage cheese

1. Cook spaghetti according to pkg. instructions. Drain & rinse in cool water.

2. Brown meat in onions & garlic. Drain excess grease and add salt and pepper. Add spag sauce & mix well.

3. In a mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese & sour cream. Mix until well-combined.

4. Put half of the pasta in bottom of a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Layer 1/2 of the cheese mixture and 1/2 of the meat mixture. Add remaining mixtures in the same order, with meat sauce mixture ending on top.

5. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for about 30-45 minutes before serving.

Also, there are a lot of great recipes I found on this website.

4 comments:

Paula Aspacher said...

This sounds so yummy and I think Garrett will love it.

adrienne said...

the last time we had this, nate had to sleep in the guest room.

next time i will serve with a side of gas x. seriously.

Melanie said...

Thanks Hil. I am definitely going to try this one. I have two spaghetti lovers in the house!

Michelle said...

After being a blog stalker for months now I'm finally going to make this receipe. Thanks!