Monday, April 28, 2008

Marinated Flank Steak

Ingredients:

1/3 C. soy sauce
1 T. balsamic vinegar
1T. olive oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed (I use the stuff in a jar)
1/2 t. black pepper
1 1/2# flank steak

Combine ingredients, pierce steak, marinate several hours.
Broil 3 inches from heat for 6 minutes per side or grill on direct medium for 8 minutes per side. Use your own wellness guide for doneness. I think I do 6 minutes on each side as we don't like it well done.

Slice 1/4" thick on a cross wise slice. If this doesn't make sense look it up in a cook book and they will tell you how to slice flank steak. It is very important as it affects how easy it is to eat and chew.

This is my son's favorite grilled meat dish. I is very yummy and he loves it for leftovers also.

No comments: