Wednesday, October 28, 2009

An Idea For Organizing Your Recipes

I had several folders for recipes over the years that I have torn out of magazines, written down on a scrap piece of paper or even lined school notebook paper. Lately I have been downloading recipes from blogs and food network. I would print them and then would put them in my folder.

Well, I had and idea so: I went sent my husband to the office supply store to get me a three ring binder. (he loves to shop so this wasn't a punishment) My only specification was that it would be soft and not hard with cardboard in it. He came home with a lavender binder with about 1 1/2" rings. I also asked him to buy some page protectors.

I then sorted through all my recipes from many years of cooking and put all the funny shaped, 8 1/2 x 11" papers etc. into page protectors and organized in some sort of order.

Appetizers
Drinks
Breakfast
Dinner
Vegetables
Desserts

and so on!

I have the most awesome recipe book now! It is a hodgepodge of funny looking papers on the inside, but I use it all the time.

I still have my recipe file box for all my recipe cards, but this was just what I needed for all the other loose ends!

Share some ideas of how you organized your recipes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same for years...and in the event of a fire, I would grab my kids, my husband and that binder!!!

SouffleBombay said...

I have the same binder system....in the event of a fire...I would grab my kids, my husband and THAT binder!!