I made this recipe last week for dinner. I was on a kick for comfort food. It had turned chilly here so comfort just felt right! You can make it with less fat by choosing less fat soup and sour cream and mayo.. Maybe use plain yogurt.. You decide.
Ingredients:
3 cups diced, cooked chicken breasts (I used three breast pieces)
2 cups diced celery, (I bought the already cut up stuff)
1- 8oz. can of water chestnuts (I used chopped-Garrett doesn't like, so I would leave out)
2- cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 T. chopped onion
2 T. lemon juice
1 T. salt (I used 1 t. as 1 T. kinda scared me)
3/4 t. pepper
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup sliced almonds
Topping:
1/2 cup sliced almonds
3 cups crushed Ritz crackers
1/2 cup melted butter
1. Combine all ingredients for casserole in a large mixing bowl. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
2. Mix together topping ingredients. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment