This is a quick and easy recipe from my friend sweet Estella, who is a phenomenal cook. It is great for fall and always a big hit!
2 cups self rising flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs, beaten
2 small jars plum baby food*
Mix dry ingredients: add oil, beaten eggs and plums. Bake at 350 for 40 - 50 minutes in greased bundt pan. Let cool 10-15 minutes, invert and pour icing over warm cake.
Icing:
juice of 1 lemon
1 cup powdered sugar
Mix together.
*When I made this last year, I couldn't find plum baby food so I used jars of mixed apples and plums, which was the closest I could find. This year, I used about 5 ounces of steamed and pureed fresh plums because I had made a batch up for my little Lucy to eat anyway! Either option worked fine. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment