I tasted this recipe at our local Publix grocery store. I knew the minute I tasted it, that it was a keeper that I would make over and over. I just had to go a test recipe for the men in my life and get their opinion! It was a SUCCESS!!! It is on the list of make this over and over and over again! I will be posting a recipe for the Lemon-Butter Potatoes that accompanied it at the store! I LOVE THEM!!!!!
Ingredients:
1 medium shallot (rinsed)
1 pork tenderloin (about 1#)(most packs contain 2 loins, you decide if you want leftovers or not, you can freeze the second one or double the recipe)
1/4 t. kosher salt (you could use sea salt)
1/4 t. pepper
2 T. canola oil
1/2 cup Marsala wine (they and I used a bottle from the cooking wines at the store)
8 oz. pres-sliced baby portabella mushrooms (rinsed) oops! i didn't rinse! yuk!!
2 cups beef stock
1/2 cup maple syrup (I'm not talking about Aunt Jemima-- you need the real stuff)
3 sprigs fresh rosemary (rinsed) Whew! I did that!
Steps:
1. Remove ends and peel from shallot; chop finely. Preheat large saute' pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Season pork with salt and pepper (wash hands). Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add pork (wash hands); cook 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, or until well browned. Remove pork from pan; cover to keep warm.
2. Remove pan from heat and add Marsala. Stir in mushrooms and shallots; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often, or until wine has completely evaporated. This is where I messed up. I didn't let the wine totally evaporate. It took longer than the 2-3 minutes and I didn't know how important this was. If you don't, the sauce to pour over the tenderloin won't thicken.
3. Stir in beef stock, syrup, and whole rosemary sprigs. Return port to pan; cover and cook 10-12 minutes, turning pork occasionally, or until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees. Use a meat thermometer to accurately insure doneness (Remove pork from pan and transfer to cutting board. Let pork stand 5-10 minutes before slicing. Temperature will rise to 160 degrees while resting.
4. Continue to cook sauce 4-5 more minutes or until thickened. Slice pork into 1 inch thick slices; top with mushroom sauce and serve.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment