Thursday, February 5, 2009

Uncle Harry's Famous Pasta Sauce UPDATE!

I posted a recipe last month for this pasta sauce. Remember, I said I thought Meredith may be the only one brave enough to tackle it???? Well, I froze most of it for a later meal and really wondered if my time was well spent.
The first time I made dinner with it, I used Mostaccioli (again misspelled) pasta and it wasn't very well received by my clean up eater, Garrett. He eats all my leftovers b/c he works odd hours, keeps odd hours, and eats at odd hours. He did not finish it up. So I was wondering if it was really not that good.

Last night I warmed up one container for dinner. I made angel hair pasta and a caesar salad to go with it. Well, the sauce was better this time than the last!!!! Remember, I put some ground beef in mine at the end, but it really was minimal. This sauce has a hint of meat, not all meat.

I think the sauce in a jar, may be a thing of the past at this house. I really was having trouble eating it as it just had no flavor. And really, how many years can you eat Ragu Traditional and Prego and not want to scream? I hope you try the recipe.

Coleen posted the recipe for a simple marinara sauce too, which is similar just quick. I also know a recipe for a simple sauce that is yummy, but this one just makes enough for meals to come!!!

No comments: