Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Karen's Loaded Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients:

5# potatoes, peeled and cubed
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
3 T. butter
salt and pepper to taste
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2# bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 green onions, chopped fine

Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender. Drain and place in a mixing bowl. Mix potatoes with a mixer like you would mashed potatoes. Add the sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Beat on medium-low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in 2 cups cheese, bacon and onions.

I used the already cooked bacon slices by Oscar Meyer and warmed them in microwave and then crumble. I also adjusted the sour cream and milk. I didn't use 5# of potatoes as I only wanted for a couple of meals for the 3 of us. When I did used the 5# I didn't think that I used enough of the liquid stuff as they were rather dry.

Transfer to a greased 3 quart baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.

Garrett loved this recipe and he does not like Twice Baked Potatoes. Go figure....

No comments: