Hey there! I made this on Saturday night. It was enjoyed by all...including BOTH kids!
It was simply, healthy and delicious!
2 med onions, coarsely chopped (approx. 1 cup)
16 oz. baby carrots sliced in half lengthwise
1 cup chopped pitted prunes
28 oz low sodium chicken broth
8 bone in, skinned chicken thighs (I used 8 skinned chicken legs and 3 halves of bone in chicken breasts)
2 1/2 tsp Curry powder
1 tsp salt (I used 1/2 tsp sea salt)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. In a large slow cooker combine onion and carrots. Add the prunes and the broth. Top with the chicken.
2. In a small bowl combine curry, salt and cinnamon. Sprinkle over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5 hours. (I cooked it on high for 4 then turned it to low for 2 more hours.)
4. Remove chicken, fruit and vegetables from cooker with a slotted spoon. Spoon some of the juices over each serving.
Enjoy!
coleen
THIS SOUNDS YUMMY SO I RAN OUT AND GOT THE INGREDIENTS! I AM MAKING IT TOMORROW.
Paula
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment