Wednesday, June 2, 2010

saucy 'shroom onion cheeseburgers... not a diet burger

So: I was in Publix yesterday searching for something to get for dinner for 2 nights. They were making this in their "Aprons Kitchen" and the lady told me it was pretty good. I thought, why not?? So I bought the ingredients and tried it tonight. I am not a real fan of hamburgers at home. I guess I just am spoiled with those 100% beef burgers at McDonalds. These were very tastie.. I liked. They were also easy.

Ingredients:

1 T. butter
1 1/2 cup sliced onions-- I used sweet vidalia
8 oz. baby portabella mushrooms-- sliced and rinsed
2 T. A-1 Steak Sauce
4 ground beef burger patties
6 slices of American cheese
1/2 cup ranch dressing
3/4 t. Dijon mustard
4 bakery hamburger buns

1. Preheat saute' pan and add butter, onions, mushrooms and steak sauce. When they are cooked through, sit aside.

2. Add torn pieces of American cheese, ranch dressing and Dijon in a bowl and microwave bowl. In 30 sec. increments microwave until cheese is melted. Cover until ready to use.

3. Grill hambergers and buns.

4. Place burger on bun, add onion mixture and then put thickened cheese sauce on top half of bun. Place on bottom of burger and ENJOY!!

I served with baked beans from the deli section and deli potatoe salad!! See I told you it was easy!!

No comments: