I would love to eat an apple a day if it could be served by this little sweetheart! Morgan is now a 12 year old beauty but I love this picture!
Look back to last year and find Meredith's Easy Apple Pie, it is quick and it is so delicious! I am posting a recipe that I love and have made since I got married 28 years ago. I actually misplaced it and found it last year. I was so glad as I hate to lose recipes that I love!
Apple Crisp
5 or 6 Apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
Mix together sugar, flour and butter as for pie crust. Grease shallow pan -8 inch square or rectangle. Fill bottom of pan with sliced apples, the more apples the better. Put topping over apples as evenly as possible. Bake in slow oven (325 degrees) until apples are done. May be served plain or with ice cream.
* I really love my apples cooked so I will bake until I see some bubbling. The recipe calls for 25 min. but I know I bake longer than that. I often double the apples as mine really cook down.
No comments:
Post a Comment