Sunday, April 12, 2009
Shoepeg Corn Casserole
My grandmother used to always make this dish and I grew up loving it. When looking for a good corn recipe I was so excited to find it! I had never made it before but always remembered it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
2 cans shoepeg corn, drained
1 can green chile peppers
1/2 cup milk
1 8oz. package cream cheese
2 tbs. butter or oleo
bread crumbs
Melt cream cheese in the milk. Add corn, chile peppers, and butter. Mix all ingredients and put in baking dish. Top with buttered bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
(I doubled this recipe in the above picture)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
YUMMO, how did you mix the cream cheese and milk, with a fork?
yes, i melted the cream cheese in th microwave and then stirred them with a fork, breaking up the chunks as i went.
Post a Comment