From Good Housekeeping Magazine
I made this tonight. Jeff can't taste a thing as he has a virus/allergies/crud type yuk, so I thought I'd make what I would like and he would just go with the flow. He said he could taste a little bit of the bite of the citrus, but I thought it was light and yummy. The recipe said that wheat couscous would be good with it, but I just made the dish and nothing else.
1-2 lemons
1-2 limes
1 1/4# sea scallops, rinsed
3-4 tsp. olive oil
1T. finely chopped shallots
1-2 tsp. dijon mustard (jeff doesn't care for this so I could slip it through)
1 bag mixed baby greens
1. Grate peel of 2 lemons and 2 limes and put in small bowl. Add 1/2t. kosher or sea salt and 1/2 t. freshly cracked pepper. Mix together.
2. Juice 1 lemon and 1 of the limes. You can go both if you want. Set aside.
3. Put scallops in a colander and gently rinse. Put some paper towel on a platter and place the scallops one by one on the platter. Let them sit for a couple of minutes and they will drain.
4. Take one scallop at a time and dip in the lemon/lime/salt/pepper mixer. This does not go far, so go easy.
5. Put 2-3 t. of olive oil in a skillet heated on medium. When the oil is hot, add the scallops and cook for 3 minutes on one side and then turn to the other and cook for 3 more minutes.
6. Remove scallops from pan leaving the juice in the skillet. cover scallops with foil.
7. Add remaining 2 t. of olive oil in skillet and chopped scallops and stir.
8. Add Dijon and citrus juices. about 2 T. of lemon and 1 T. of lime.. I just guessed and used one lemon and 1 lime. Remember I had to use 2 lemons and 2 limes for the grated peel.
9. Cook the sauce stirring constantly for 1 minute. Pour over the greens to wilt.
10. Put the greens on 2 plates and then place the scallops on the greens.
This is very light and yummy. Oh ya, I added about a T. of white wine to the scallops when I was cooking them... chefs prerogative... actually the guy at the seafood counter said it would be yummy.
I got the scallops at the seafood counter and they were previously frozen from their frozen seafood case. They were very tender!!!
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment