My daughter Valerie loves these cookies. It is her favorite treat at Christmas. Be careful as these will burn easily. Don't ask me why, but I have had a few pans with rather dark bottoms. We will not call them black as that would mean I let them burn too much :)
1 3/4 cup flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
2 T. milk
1 t. vanilla
48 Hershey Kisses -- unwrap while your dough is chilling
Cream shortening & sugars, add egg then peanut butter and milk.
Sift flour, baking soda & salt, add to creamed mixture.
Chill dough at least 30 minutes.
Roll dough into 1" balls, then roll balls into white sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Remove from oven and immediately press kiss in center of the warm cookie. (the cookie cracks around the edge)
Place on cooling area
Tip: For sifting, I don't have an old fashioned sifter like Grandma used to have so I use one of those drainer type thingys with a metal screen basket. Does that make any sense? I hope so.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment