Monday, December 22, 2008

Karen's Oreo Treats

1 package oreos - original (not double stuff)
1 stick (8oz) cream cheese
1 package of Almond Dipping Bark (white)

1. Send Oreo cookies through a food processor on continuous chop until they are a fine powder.
2. Fold in (I use my hands) the softened cream cheese until it is a clay-like glob.
3. Form balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Freeze balls for 2 hours minimum (overnight is best).
5. Melt bark and dip balls, placing them on a clean sheet of wax paper to dry. Decorate as you please.
6. Store in refrigerator. Lasts for weeks - if you can resist eating them that long.


Mint variation: use mint oreos. (these come in double-stuff only and the quantity of cookies is less per package so I use 3/4 of the stick of cream cheese. Dip in the chocolate bark.

Coffee variation: Use plain oreos. Before you fold in the cream cheese - make a coffee concoction. I dissolve about 1/4 cup of instant coffee granules in about 1 teasppon of hot water to make a coffee paste. I mix this into the cream cheese to make coffee flavored cream cheese that then folds into the oreo powder. I dip these in the white bark.

No comments: