Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas 2008 Miracle!

Dear Paula,
I was so excited to see someone post Red Velvet Cake balls on your blog. Here's the story. First of all, I LOOOOOOOVE red velvet cake. Secondly, when we moved to iowa about 6 years ago, I got a cookie tray from a neighbor at Christmas and there was this amazing item on her tray that looked like red velvet cake in a ball dipped in white chocolate and I was amazed. But alas, I never got around to asking the neighbor for the recipe. Years later, when I bumped into her and mentioned the item, she said she has never made anything with red cake. HMMMM, did she REGIFT a tray of treats?!?!?!?!?

So last Christmas, knowing how to make the Orea Treats (you call them "Taste of Heaven") I tried to get creative and send a red cake through my food processor and add cream cheese and dip them. It didn't taste the same. I was sad.

Then - a Christmas 2008 Miracle! Someone posted the recipe on YOUR BLOG. I'm giddy. I'm dipping my first batch this afternoon. Yippppeeeee!!!

I love ya!
Karen

No comments: