Friday, February 24, 2012

Green Chile Cheddar Sliders

I got this recipe from Publix Grocery Store. They made them for the Super Bowl. I was told by one of the employees that he made them in burger size rather than slider size. He said that they are moist so when turning you have to be careful. That was the only tough part of making them! I made the recipe for 2 so I just eyeballed my ingredients and use a pack of ground chuck that was .70 in size. They were DELISH!! I am really not an at home burger person but was hungry for one last night so we made them!!

Ingredients:
1 1/2# ground beef chuck
1 (4oz) can diced green chile's (undrained)
1 T. green pepper sauce (green Tabasco)
1 packet fajita seasoning mix
1 avocado
1/2 cup Jalapeno Cheddar Dip - I used Hell of a Good Cheese Jalapeno flavored in the dairy section.

Steps:
1.Combine ground beef, chile's, pepper sauce, and seasoning mix until blended; shape into twelve patties (slider size) about 1/2 inch thick.
2.Preheat large saute' pan on medium high 2-3 minutes. Add patties; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. (We grilled ours outside because we made full size burgers)
3.Slice avocado thinly
4.Place in each bun; beef patty, avocado, and 2 t. dip. Serve!!

No comments: