Thursday, August 4, 2011

Recipe for Romance!!! Honey-Lemon Grilled Chicken

Juice and Zest from 3 lemons
1 t. oregano
1 T. Dijon mustard
2 T. honey plus a drizzle
1/2 c. finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 t. salt
1.2 t. fresh ground pepper
4 chicken breast halves

1. Mix together first 8 ingredients. Set aside 1/4 c. of marinate for basting. I took a mallet and pounded my chicken breasts thinner.Place marinate in bowl or ziploc bag and put chicken in container and cover. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

2. Preheat grill on medium high heat. lightly oil grill grate... I did on stovetop as I couldn't get grill to start. Grill chicken 6-8 minutes on each side until juices run clear. Baste with remaining marinate while cooking.

Put one breast on each plate and drizzle with a bit of honey!!

Enjoy!! I paired this with green beans and garlic & olive oil Near East Couscous.

This was worth the time to make the marinate. I am not a fan of grilled chicken but this was very tastie!!! Great for company!!

p.s. This recipe was in People magazine and a fave of Jake Pavelka.. "The Bachelor" from several seasons ago.

No comments: