Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Peyton's Favorite Chicken Tender Fried Rice

I made this recipe for our special company from Pennsylvania! I have never seen a 9 year old love a dish more in my life!!! Peyton is not a real picky eater, but she does have her certain special things she enjoys. I found this recipe at my local Publix and thought I would try it. SUCCESS!!

Ingredients:

3 green onions, thinly sliced
3 deli fried chicken tenders
1 (10oz) bag frozen precooked rice with vegetables
1 T. sesame oil
3 T. stir-fry sauce
2 T. egg substitute or 1 small egg beaten

Prep:
slice onions
cut chicken into small bite-size pieces

1. Cook rice blend following package instructions for microwave
2. Preheat large saute' pan on medium high heat 2-3 minutes. Add sesame oil and rice; cook and stir 1 minute to toast rice. Stir in stir-fry sauce.
3. Add egg slowly while cooking and stirring 1-2 minutes to cook egg. Stir in chicken and green onions, cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until hot.

Serve

Goes great with a fruit salad!!

I used a cooked frozen rice called Super Fresh and it had chicken seasoning in it.
I found the Stir-fry sauce in the section of the grocery with the marinates, not the Asian food section.
You could use tenders that are not fried and you cook yourself. I just bought them cooked in the deli. I am lazy.
I made for 6 people. I had leftovers for Jeff to take with him to work. Garrett made a point of telling me that it was awesome and Peyton had 3 small helpings at the table and I think I saw her spoon traveling to the serving bowl for "1" more bite!!
SCORE!!!

Oh yes, I bought 4 bags of rice and 16 tenders for 6 people. Jeff also had a serving to take to work the next day and said it was good warmed up. ENJOY!!

No comments: