Last night on the way home from work I decided I had about 15 minutes to stop at the grocery to get dinner fixings and then cross the street to pick our Sheltie Jerry up from the Vets from his day of teeth cleaning.. Tooth had to be pulled. Trauma for Jerry!
I have been thinking about my mom's pigs in a blanket for a couple of weeks and decided it was the day to make it and see if anyone else in the house liked them.
I bought:
Hebrew National Jumbo Meat Franks (next time I will try Nathans)
Crescent Rolls (they have large rolls now)
American Cheese slices
When Jerry and I got home and had him settled with his buddy Kelsey, who barked and howled most of the morning because he was gone.
I got out a cookie sheet and covered with aluminum foil as I don't want Jeff to do any more dishes than he has to:)
I took out 2 hot dogs each for Jeff and Garrett, and 1 for me. They are large and Garrett only ate 1 and a 1/4.
I sliced into the hot dog but not all the way through, down the length of the dog. Kind of like a pocket. I then opened a one slice of cheese and made little strips. I tucked 2 strips in each hot dog. You can put more cheese if you want.
Then I opened the can of rolls and wrapped one roll around each dog to cover the cheese. It goes all the way around and I tried to cover as much of the dog as I could.
I had 8 rolls and 5 dogs so I took the leftovers and cut and wrapped all 5 dogs until they were enveloped in the rolls.
I baked them at 350 until the rolls were lightly browned and what I could see of the hot dog looked bubbly.
Yum! Memories of childhood and a great treat! We didn't get this very often but it was fun when we did.
I put out ketchup for anyone who wanted to dip. This is a must eat with a knife and fork food.
MINI TATER TOTS: I made Oreida Mini Tater Tots and some peas to go along with this. I baked the tater tots on 450 and then when they were done I turned down the oven and put in the dogs. I just covered the tots to keep warm and cooked the peas in microwave while the dogs were cooking!
I think your kids would really enjoy this!!! Mine did:)
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment