1 - 10 oz. can artichoke hearts (I use quartered)
2 - whole chicken breasts cooked and diced (I use a package of 3 halves-they were large) I reserve some of the juices (watery broth) and pour over chicken in casserole
2/3 - cup mayo -- (I used Hellman's with Olive Oil-- I was told it was yummy and so I tried it. The recipe really did have a little different flavor. I liked it.)
1 - 10 3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1 T. lemon juice
1/4# butter melted (1 stick)
1/2 of package of 8 oz. Pepperidge Farm Herbed Stuffing Mix
Cut artichokes if whole and put in the bottom of a casserole dish. Add chicken and a little of the juices from cooking the chicken. This really helps to make sure the chicken does not dry out. Mix Hellman's, soup and lemon juice. Spoon over chicken. Melt butter and stir in stuffing. Top casserole with stuffing.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes until heated through and bubbly.
Serve with rice.
I doubled the artichokes (2cans) and the soup, mayo and lemon juice. I love gravy. With the size of my casserole I didn't use all the creamy mixture, but most of it.
This is an easy recipe that I have made since we got married. I got a Michigan Cookbook for a shower gift and this has been something we have eaten periodically for 29 years!!!
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yum, I'll have to try this one. We love artichokes... and a good casserole! :)
Post a Comment