Friday, May 30, 2008

Chicken & Spinach Bake

I can't remember how I go to this recipe but I found it last week and it is so good.

8 oz. uncooked 100% whole wheat penne pasta
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup of finely chopped onion (med onion)
1 10 oz. pkg frozen spinach
1 14.5 oz can Italian style diced tomatoes - do not drain
3 C cubed cooked chicken breast
1 8 oz. container chive & onion cream chz
1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 C shredded mozarella

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Prepare pasta according to pkg directions.

Bake onion in olive oil in 13 X 9 glass baking dish pan for 15 minutes or until tender. Transfer onion to large boil, set aside.

Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels.

Stir pasta, spinach, ckn, tomatoes, cream chz, salt and pepper into onions. Spoon mixture into baking dish and sprinkle evenly with shredded mozz chz.

Bake covered at 375 for 30 minutes and uncover and bake for 15 minutes or until chz bubbles.

I served with a salad and tossed fresh fruit. I am sure it would be great with yummy garlic bread but we never eat that. So, I just thought about it. :)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks Hilary! We eat a lot of chicken and I am always looking for new recipes. I am going to try this and the poppyseed chicken recipe too.

Paula Aspacher said...

Tried it and it was GREAT!! Very tasty!