Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cinco de Mayo (A little early)



I was at our local Publix grocery store on Thursday night after work and they had made some beef skirt steak for people to sample. It was tastie and so tender, so I decided to buy some. I also had to buy the Mojo marinate that they used and also the seasoning they used. Now that was some great marketing on their behalf. I was only going into the store to buy some Zataran's Dirty Rice and a # of ground beef!

So today I headed back to my store and got the ingredients for The Barefoot Contessa's Guacamole, Rick Morales' recipe for Homemade Queso, flour tortillas, an onion and I was ready to make some Cinco de Mayo Fun! Can you tell I am missing San Antonio a little?

Jeff made some of Ray Pearsons' Margaritas!!! YUMMO!

I wish I would have had a bunch to invite over for dinner. It seems like a shame to not share it all with friends.

I love Rick's recipe. He makes it for their family gatherings and I like it so much better than opening a can of Rotel.

I really am supposed to be sewing 2 little sundresses for my sweet Ashlyn and Addeline, but I got sidetracked by my food. I got the dresses cut out, but not sure if I should sew after a margarita or not:) Last week I drank water and put the pockets on the inside of Claire's dress. Wonder where the pockets would go tonight?

Just kidding, I am fine!

No comments: